Humber Avenue Community Allotments
Affiliated to the Royal Horticultural Society
Humber Avenue Community Allotments is a community interest company run by allotment holders for and on behalf of other allotmenteers from the broader community of Worthing.
To provide environmentally sustainable allotments for cultivation through non-profit making social enterprise for the local community which promotes inclusivity and diversity.
We will help people live longer, healthier and happier lives through being active allotmenteers and creating a place of enjoyment, social interaction, education and relaxation.
- and welcome everyone irrespective of race, religion, beliefs, age, ability, background or sexuality.
- the environment and seek to have minimal impact on contributing to global warming by seeking low carbon ways to garden.
- the ecology of the Humber site and will seek ways to enhance and support biodiversity.
- our local community and will seek ways to engage with them in enjoying allotmenteering.
- providing opportunities for plotholders to socially interact and feel part of a likeminded community of gardeners and thereby reduce social isolation and improve mental health .
- everyone’s views and all are listened to irrespective of background or experience.
- horticultural education and promoting healthy living through growing fruit and vegetables in an environmentally sustainable way that both enhances diet and promotes an active lifestyle.
Where are we ?
Humber Avenue Allotments are situated at the end of Humber Avenue in Worthing, West Sussex, BN13 3NN
There is a large car park and the gates are open every Saturday and Sunday morning, throughout the year, between 10 and 12.
You are welcome to drop in and speak to a member of the allotment community.