Humber Avenue Community Allotments
Quizzes and More
Quiz # 1. Questions submitted by Terry Smith.
- Who is the patron saint of gardeners, horticulture, florists, brides and brewers?
- Which fruit has main varieties slicing, burpless, and pickling?
- What is pomology the study of?
- What fruit comes in varieties Oro Blanco, Ruby Red, Thompson and Pink?
- Which famous 30 acre sculpture garden, created by Charles Jencks, is near Dumfries in Scotland?
- What is the national fruit of India, Pakistan, and the Philippines?
- Apples, pears, plums, apricots, and peaches are members of what family of flowering plants?
- What were brought to Britain from Germany by Sir Charles Isham in 1847?
- True or false. Daffodil bulbs can be used in place of onions in many recipes?
- Which flowers were once known as gillyflowers?